Presentation of the Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Association
The Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Anglers' Associations currently operates in the form of a non-profit non-governmental organization in the area of 1397.19 ha as the owner of 44 Vas and 6 Zala fishing waters. In terms of the number of fishermen, we managed to exceed our record year of 10,217 in 2019 by 865, so in 2020 the number of fishermen registered in the member associations of our association reached 11,082.
In addition to creating the conditions for sport fishing, nature conservation, the protection of fish and habitats, and youth education are given the main emphasis in the operation of the organization. The organization carries out its advocacy activities as a member of the Hungarian National Fishermen's Association.
Taking into account family members and relatives, our Association is mindful of the interests of more than 40,000 nature-loving residents of Vas and Zala counties.
Initially, the fishing associations belonged to the Hungarian National Fishermen's Association established in 1946. By the end of the 1950s, however, the number of fishing associations and the number of members of the association had multiplied, which the association based in Budapest could no longer provide. Territorial associations, including MOHOSZ, were formed one after another. The Rural Management Committee of Rába, which united the associations of Győr, Veszprém and Zala in addition to our county. THE MOSS. The first chairman of the Rába Rural Management Committee was József Németh, then Dr. Andor Miklós filled the position.
In 1979, due to the further increase in the number of fishermen, Administrative Committees were set up in each county, modeled on the county system, which are MOHOSZ. operated as a county management committee. This is how MOHOSZ was formed. Vas County Management Committee, which brought together only the fishing associations within the county. The Chairman of the Management Committee was Alajos Kiss and then Dr. József Kovacsics. The General Assembly of the national federation after the change of regime did not consider it good for top-down management to determine the fishing movement, so it was thought that bottom-up construction would be appropriate. The whole fishermen's association was fundamentally reorganized in this connection, and from 13 May 1993 it continued to operate as an association of associations. This meant that county associations established county associations and delegates of county territorial associations established MOHOSZ.
József Horváth was the president of the Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Anglers' Associations, founded in 1993, then from 1998 István Csiszár held the position of president until 2013. Miklós Seregi is currently leading the Association until 2023. Norbert Puskás has been the Executive Chairman since July 2011.
Our association performs and performs environmental protection, fish protection and fish management tasks in the areas of state-owned lakes and rivers under its management. In its nature conservation, the Association not only means the protection of natural values declared as protected, but its activities include the preservation of the natural environment of unprotected species and areas, as well as the reduction of invasive species.
In recent years, with the support of the European Union, renaturation and revitalization projects have been carried out on several rivers with the support of the authorities in order to revive natural waters. (Eg: Pinka stream, Gyöngyös stream, Csörnöc-Herpenyő).
Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Fishermen's Associations 2014-2020. In accordance with the European Union's Water Framework Directive, it intends to continue the natural water rehabilitations started in recent years with the involvement of professional partners in order to ensure the good status of surface waters. In addition to the protection of fish habitats and spawning grounds in natural waters, it is important to develop and renew the welfare infrastructure of existing fishing lakes. Nowadays, the expectations and needs of the inhabitants living around the lakes and the fishermen and tourists (cyclists, nature photographers, hikers, etc.) who visit them regularly have also changed significantly.
Without wishing to be exhaustive, our association has performed the following tasks in previous years:
- Central education and professional days on new fishing and fish farming laws and regulations were implemented several times.
- In July, we organized the Fish Day in Pinka Valley. The fish day included traditional fishing competitions, a fish food competition, a children’s fishing quiz, fishing demonstrations, and a number of regional cultural programs. Estimated number of participants in the event: 500-700 people.
- 10-12 times a year, he organized fishing competitions, youth camps and children's competitions for the entire population of the county, thus expanding the program offer of the settlements. For the eleventh time in a nationally unique way, we organized the Primary School Fishing Quiz on Iron Waters. In recent years, an average of 20-25 teams have started in the multi-round quiz. We consider it an important result that the series of competitions has so far introduced more than 1,000 children to fishing with the wildlife and protection of the fishing waters of Vas County.
- In recent years, the renewal of the fish protection system has also begun, in line with legislative changes, which have resulted in a significant number of unauthorized fishing or fishing offenses. We ensured that the 38 main social fish guards of our association were provided with new documents. Our 7 main professional fishing guards successfully participated in the training and exam required for law enforcement tasks, thus successfully exceeding the legal requirements regarding the number of fishing guards. Recently, together with our member associations, we also managed to acquire three Suzuki Vitara fishing guard SUVs. There are currently 4 service SUVs, one boat + boat engine and a large trailer available for fish watching tasks.
- In the last three years, we have prepared and won the following applications, which have also been implemented regularly:
- Strengthening the employment capacity of the Vas County Fishermen's Association ”- Gross: HUF 7,827,485 (100%)
- Interregional Leader tender - Fishing cooperation from Pinka to Lake Venice c. project - Gross: HUF 6,784,343 (100%)
- Rural Basic Service Development –1 purchase of off-road vehicles - Gross: 6,141,720 (100%)
- Rural Basic Service Development - Purchase of 3 association SUVs - Gross: HUF 19,030,095 (100%)
- FM. ragweed clearance tender - 1 waterfront 4 * 4 wheel drive lawn tractor - Gross: 5,192,000 HUF (94%)
Our association submitted an application for support for the tourism development tender of the Regional Development Operational Program entitled “Fishing tourism developments on the Iron Waters” on April 26, 2016, the results of which were announced just before Christmas 2016. To the great delight of the Association's imaginary Christmas tree, with the support of the Hungarian Government and the European Union, a notification was approved regarding the approval of a grant of HUF 109,999,914, the implementation of which is currently underway.
In accordance with the Vas County Regional Development Strategy, within the framework of our TOP tender project, Lake Magyarszecsődi, Lake Gencsapáti gravel mine, Lake Pinka backwater in Vaskeresztes, and the Fishing Cross Tourism Center in Vaskeresztes, Lake Sárvíz in Gersekaráti, Lake Püspökmolnár , the development of the tourist infrastructure of the Pinkamindszent mining lake and the Merseváti lake can be realized in the next two years. In addition to the listed fishing waters, our project includes the maintenance of roads, car parks, slopes, artefacts, as well as benches, rest areas, fishing grounds for the disabled, camp toilets, event areas, bacon grills, information boards and other welfare developments. A total of 259 outdoor elements will be placed and the renovation of thousands of square meters of close-to-nature fishing places and shorelines will be realized through the shore planning of the lakes.
Of course, the increase in the number of anglers and changes in licenses also resulted in additional revenues, which we spent on one of our most important activities, fish farming. A total of 122,389 kg of outstanding fishing permit changes were caught, while we tried to thank our fishing community with 476,000 pre-farmed fish stockings. In accordance with the fisheries management plans approved by the authority and the needs of the fishermen, the largest amount of carp of catchable size was deployed, of which a record amount, a total of nearly 85 tonnes, was released into the waters. Assessing the carp settlements, it should be pointed out that 22.5 tons of this extraordinary quantity entered the iron waters with the support of the Hungarian National Fishermen's Association (MOHOSZ) with the support of the Hungarian National Fishermen's Association and several other fish farmers. the installation of fishing water was also partially supported by the local fishing association during the year.
In addition to the typical carp dominance in Hungary and Vas county, we also tried to plant other native fish species as much as possible. In addition, we tried to focus more on meeting the needs of white-water fishermen, so in the spring on the Rába river 4,000 pre-bred goats, in the summer 40,000 perch fry, 10,000 pre-bred perch and 10,000 balins were planted, They were enriched with 450 catchable size trout.
In the summer, we planted 10,000 pre-bred compotes in the Marcal River and the Celldömölk, Nagypiriti, Merseváti lakes, and 42,000 pre-bred bream in Herpenyő, Pinka backwaters, Perenyei and Pinkamindszenti lakes, Szombathely Horgásztav, In addition to carp, bream and whitefish, which are of most interest to anglers, have been deployed in almost all waters, with a total of more than 35 tonnes. Another favorite of anglers is the perch, whose I. and II. By the end of the year, we managed to dump more than 1,076 kg (approx.
We maintain continuous partnership with the following authorities and state bodies: Western Transdanubia Water Directorate, Vas and Zala County Government Offices Fisheries Management Authority, Őrség National Park Directorate, Balaton Uplands National Park Directorate, county and local governments.
The Vas County Fishermen's Association strives to protect, develop, expand and continuously increase the awareness of the natural values of the water areas under its management, both in Hungary and abroad. We are working to make our iron fishing waters a popular and fish-rich sport fishing spot available to a wide group of society, thus providing a pleasant, cultured recreation for all our fishing associates.
Full name: Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Associations
Short name: County Fishermen's Association
Registered office: 9795 Iron Cross, 165/4. hrsz.
Court registration number: 18-07-0000056
Tax number: 19245175-1-18
Bank account number: 72100237-10130768
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address: www.vasivizeken.hu
President: Miklós Seregi, President
address: 9700 Szombathely, Werner Alajos u. 3.
telephone number: + 36 / 94-506-835
electronic contact: email@example.com
Managing Chairman: Norbert Puskás Managing Chairman
address: 9700 Szombathely, Székely Bertalan u. 45.
telephone number: + 36 / 70-33-99-707
electronic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org