Presentation of the Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Associations
The Vas County Association of Sport Angling Associations currently operates in the form of a non-profit non-governmental organization in the area of 1397.19 ha as the owner of 44 Vas and 6 Zala fishing waters. In terms of the number of anglers, the organization has a record year in 2019, because the number of 9,117 people in 2018 was increased by 1,099, so the number of fishermen registered in the member associations of the association reached 10,216 in 2019. In addition to creating the conditions for sport fishing, nature conservation, the protection of fish and habitats, and youth education are given the main emphasis in the operation of the organization. The organization carries out its advocacy activities as a member of the Hungarian National Fishermen's Association.
Taking into account family members and relatives, our Association is mindful of the interests of more than 40,000 nature-loving residents of Vas and Zala counties.
Initially, the fishing associations belonged to the Hungarian National Fishermen's Association established in 1946. By the end of the 1950s, however, the number of fishing associations and the number of members of the association had multiplied, which the association based in Budapest could no longer provide. Territorial associations, including MOHOSZ, were formed one after another. The Rural Management Committee of Rába, which united the associations of Győr, Veszprém and Zala in addition to our county. THE MOSS. The first chairman of the Rába Rural Management Committee was József Németh, then Dr. Andor Miklós filled the position.
In 1979, due to the further increase in the number of fishermen, Administrative Committees were set up in each county, modeled on the county system, which are MOHOSZ. operated as a county management committee. This is how MOHOSZ was formed. Vas County Management Committee, which brought together only the fishing associations within the county. The Chairman of the Management Committee was Alajos Kiss and then Dr. József Kovacsics. The General Assembly of the national federation after the change of regime did not consider it good for top-down management to define the fishing movement, so it was thought that bottom-up construction would be appropriate. The whole fishermen's association was fundamentally reorganized in this connection, and from 13 May 1993 it continued to operate as an association of associations. This meant that county associations established county associations and delegates of county territorial associations established MOHOSZ.
József Horváth was the president of the Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Anglers' Associations, founded in 1993, then from 1998 István Csiszár held the position of president until 2013. Miklós Seregi is currently leading the Association until 2023. Norbert Puskás has been the Executive Chairman since July 2011.
Our association performs and performs environmental protection, fish protection and fish management tasks in the areas of state-owned lakes and rivers under its management. In its nature conservation, the Association not only means the protection of natural values declared as protected, but its activities include the preservation of the natural environment of unprotected species and areas, as well as the reduction of invasive species.
In recent years, with the support of the European Union, renaturation and revitalization projects have been carried out on several rivers with the support of the authorities in order to revive natural waters. (Eg: Pinka stream, Gyöngyös stream, Csörnöc-Herpenyő).
Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Fishermen's Associations 2014-2020. In accordance with the European Union's Water Framework Directive, it intends to continue the natural water rehabilitations started in recent years with the involvement of professional partners in order to ensure the good status of surface waters. In addition to the protection of fish habitats and spawning grounds in natural waters, it is important to develop and renew the welfare infrastructure of existing fishing lakes. Nowadays, the expectations and needs of the inhabitants living around the lakes and the fishermen and tourists who visit them regularly (cyclists, nature photographers, hikers, etc.) have also changed significantly.
Without wishing to be exhaustive, our association has performed the following tasks in previous years:
- Central education and professional days on new fishing and fish farming laws and regulations were implemented several times.
- In July, we organized the Fish Day in Pinka Valley. The fish day included traditional fishing competitions, a fish food competition, a children’s fishing quiz, fishing demonstrations, and a number of regional cultural programs. Estimated number of participants in the event: 500-700 people.
- 10-12 times a year, he organized fishing competitions, youth camps and children's competitions for the entire population of the county, thus expanding the program offer of the settlements. For the eleventh time in a nationally unique way, we organized the Primary School Fishing Quiz on Iron Waters. In recent years, an average of 20-25 teams have started in the multi-round quiz. We consider it an important result that the series of competitions has so far introduced more than 1,000 children to fishing with the wildlife and protection of the fishing waters of Vas County.
- In recent years, the renewal of the fish protection system has also begun, in line with legislative changes, which have resulted in a significant number of unauthorized fishing or fishing offenses. We ensured that the 38 main social fish guards of our association were provided with new documents. Our 7 main professional fishing guards successfully participated in the training and exam required for law enforcement tasks, thus successfully exceeding the legal requirements regarding the number of fishing guards. Recently, together with our member associations, we also managed to acquire three Suzuki Vitara fishing guard SUVs. There are currently 4 service SUVs, one boat + boat engine and one large trailer available for fish watching tasks.
- In the last three years, we have prepared and won the following applications, which have also been implemented regularly:
- Strengthening the employment capacity of the Vas County Fishermen's Association ”- Gross: HUF 7,827,485 (100%)
- Interregional Leader tender - Fishing cooperation from Pinka to Lake Venice c. project - Gross: HUF 6,784,343 (100%)
- Rural Basic Service Development –1 purchase of off-road vehicles - Gross: 6,141,720 (100%)
- Rural Basic Service Development - Purchase of 3 association SUVs - Gross: HUF 19,030,095 (100%)
- FM. ragweed clearance tender - 1 waterfront 4 * 4 wheel drive lawn tractor - Gross: 5,192,000 HUF (94%)
Our association submitted an application for support for the tourism development tender of the Regional Development Operational Program entitled “Fishing tourism developments on the Iron Waters” on April 26, 2016, the results of which were announced just before Christmas 2016. To the great delight of the Association's imaginary Christmas tree, with the support of the Hungarian Government and the European Union, a notification was approved regarding the approval of a grant of HUF 109,999,914, the implementation of which is currently underway.
In accordance with the Vas County Regional Development Strategy, within the framework of our TOP tender project, Lake Magyarszecsődi, Lake Gencsapáti gravel pit, Lake Pinka backwater in Vaskeresztes, , the development of the tourist infrastructure of the Pinkamindszent mining lake and the Merseváti lake can be realized in the next two years. In addition to the listed fishing waters, our project includes the maintenance of roads, car parks, slopes, artefacts, as well as benches, rest areas, fishing grounds for the disabled, camp toilets, event areas, bacon grills, information boards and other welfare developments. A total of 259 outdoor elements will be placed and the renovation of thousands of square meters of close-to-nature fishing places and shorelines will be realized through the shore planning of the lakes.
The frequency and volume of fish stockings also exceeded the numbers of recent years in 2018, thanks to the dynamic increase in ticket exchanges. Overall, the planned 28,600 kg of carp were released into the iron waters instead of 48,016 kg instead of 5,400 kg of mixed bream. In 2018, we also managed to place young specimens of rarely available native fish species in the treated fishing waters, such as 3,000 pieces of compo and 25,500 pieces of balin, one of the favorites of spinning anglers. found a new home. A total of 239,100 fish from pre-farmed fish (fast trout, pike, perch, perch) - in sizes 3-10 cm - were laid out.
We maintain continuous partnership with the following authorities and state bodies: Western Transdanubia Water Directorate, Vas and Zala County Government Offices Fisheries Management Authority, Őrség National Park Directorate, Balaton Uplands National Park Directorate, Tihany Limnological Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, County Institute of Limnological Research.
The Vas County Fishermen's Association strives to protect, develop, expand and continuously increase the awareness of the natural values of the water areas under its management, both in Hungary and abroad. We are working to make our iron fishing waters a popular and fish-rich sport fishing spot available to a wide group of society, thus providing a pleasant, cultured recreation for all fellow anglers.
Full name: Vas County Association of Sport Fishing Associations
Short name: County Fishermen's Association
Registered office: 9795 Iron Cross, 165/4. hrsz.
Court registration number: 18-07-0000056
Tax number: 19245175-1-18
Bank account number: 72100237-10130768
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address: www.vasivizeken.hu
President: Miklós Seregi, President
address: 9700 Szombathely, Werner Alajos u. 3.
telephone number: + 36 / 94-506-835
electronic contact: email@example.com
Managing Chairman: Norbert Puskás Managing Chairman
address: 9700 Szombathely, Székely Bertalan u. 45.
telephone number: + 36 / 70-33-99-707
electronic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org